1. Is Bell Investment Advisors a fiduciary?
Yes, we are. As a registered investment advisory firm, we have a fiduciary responsibility. This means that we hold ourselves — and are legally held — to the highest standards of the law when it comes to safeguarding our clients’ best interests.
2. What is your minimum for investment management services?
We typically work with clients with $500,000 or more of investable assets. We make some exceptions for those on the path to getting there.
3. How does Bell get paid for their services?
For Investment Management and Financial Planning, we charge a percentage of a client’s assets under management.
4. Do you provide comprehensive financial planning?
We offer financial planning to our investment management clients and have three CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals on our staff of 14. We view a client’s financial plan as a vital guide for investment decisions and other issues in the various stages of a person’s life. (We do not require that a client have a financial plan in order to utilize our Investment Management or Career/Life Coaching services.)
5. Why does an investment management firm provide Career/Life Coaching?
We believe that a person’s career, finances, and the rest of life can and should be well-managed and integrated in order to maximize life satisfaction. We don’t require that our clients get help with their careers, but we think it is important enough that we have a career professional available on staff who can step in when you feel there is a need. She charges separately for this work.
6. How do I start a complimentary conversation?
7. What does Charles Schwab have to do with Bell Investment Advisors?
Bell is a licensed Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) and, as such, we manage our clients’ assets but do not take custody of their assets. Charles Schwab & Co. is the custodian of these assets. Bell and Schwab each separately prepares and delivers statements of clients’ accounts.
8. I’ve heard about Social Impact Investing. Is that something you provide?
Yes, Social Impact is one of our investment strategies. We provide it for clients who want to invest with positive social impact while achieving their long-term financial goals.