Planning for Every Day
It is not possible to accurately predict the future – which is why it is so important to plan as best you can. True financial planning is not a simple matter, nor is it just common sense. Too many people cross their fingers and hope the future will take care of itself. Of course, that is no strategy at all; it’s a foolish game.
A financial plan is both a guide and a map that should be revisited over time to assess what is working and what is not. The ability to face the personal, professional, and financial realities of our lives requires courage, maturity, and the guidance of a professional. The reward at the end is peace of mind. Once you know what to do, you can begin developing the discipline of saving and investing in a planned-for, rather than hoped-for, future.
The individual financial plans that our personal financial planners develop with you include any or all of the following:
- A current financial position evaluation
- Recommendations for improving strategic asset allocation
- A risk management review and recommendation
- A retirement outlook or verification
- An education plan
- A cash flow statement
- Recommendations for debt management
- A net worth statement
- Estate planning recommendations
Developing an understanding of your financial “location” – where you are and where you want to be in the future – is fundamental to our financial planning process. When you choose to create a plan with us, our personal financial planners and investment advisors will work to develop a deep understanding of your circumstances to help you build positive momentum for the rest of your life.
Based on the information you share, through the informal worksheet that we complete together, we will:
- create a first draft of your plan, including several possible scenarios suggesting new, more effective actions intended to alleviate current and future financial concerns;
- meet to discuss these scenarios and incorporate your own second thoughts or revised intentions for the long-term financial stability you intend;
- integrate these new aspects of the plan into a revised set of scenarios, leading to a follow-up conversation and a more refined plan; and
- continue this process until you are satisfied that we have delivered a valuable tool that will help you live the life you intend now and in the future.
The Bell Factor
At Bell Investment Advisors our personal financial planners and investment advisors keep your personal goals at the core of the planning process and work with you to achieve them.
The financial plan is made up of daily, monthly, and yearly steps that, when followed, can incrementally guide you from the present through the future. We understand that your situation is entirely unique and that there is no such thing as a “one-size-fits-all” financial plan.
We can help you develop and then execute a plan that represents what you care about most, and we will provide our best judgment, guidance, and support to implement that plan.